Updated: 25th September 2020
We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret.
Our policy covers
- Why we value your privacy
- How we collect information
- What information we hold
- Where we store your information
- What we use your information for
- Who’s responsible for your information at our company
- Who has access to information about you
- The steps we take to keep your information private
- How to complain
- Changes to the policy
Why we value your privacy
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We’re uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so we ask for only the bare minimum from our customers. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced to by law.
How we collect information
We ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry.
What information we hold
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name, email address, phone number, a social media username, and the company you work for, if you’ve given us that.
- When you buy something from us, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number if supplied, and a delivery address.
- If you do business with us, we also collect your business name if supplied as a delivery address. All records of payments and invoices we send you are all held by PayPal or our Bank if payment is made by Bank Transfer. We have no access to your PayPal account or Debit/Credit card details.
- All purchases are processed by PayPal if via our Website or our Bank (Santander) if via Bank Transfer, we never have access to your debit/credit card Bank information.
Where we store your information
When you contact us by email or via our website, we store your information with either PayPal and WooCommerce (Website provider who are SSL accredited, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. When you buy something, your information is stored in PayPal, our ecommerce platform. We chose these systems partly for their commitment to security.
What we use your information for
We will only use your information to send you invoices, statements, or reminders.
Who’s responsible for your information at our company?
PayPal, our e-commerce platform, is responsible for the security of your information. Full contact details for them are here – https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/home
If you have any concerns about the information we store.
Who has access to information about you?
If we need to store your information in our own systems, only the people who need it have access. Our management team have access to everything you’ve provided, but individual employees have no access to any of these details.
The steps we take to keep your information private
Where we store your information in third-party services PayPal or WooCommerce Website provider who are SSL accredited, access is restricted to the management team. We do not store passwords but regularly change password for each service, and never use the same password twice.
The computers we use are all encrypted using Extreme Security Plus by Zone Alarm and are protected by a passcode or fingerprint access. These computers ask for authentication whenever they’re started or after 5 minutes of inactivity. Our mobile devices are also protected by a fingerprint or facial recognition.
How to complain
We take complaints very seriously. If you’ve any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact Kanga Products (also known as Kanga UK) by email at email@example.com or by phone on +44 (0) 7715 748493. If you’re the letter-writing type, send your envelope to Kanga Products, The Print Centre, Johnson Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0RB, United Kingdom
Changes to the policy
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.