The Atlas ESR PLUS measures both the capacitance and Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) of a capacitor. This model features a wider ESR measurement range and audible alerts too. The ESR is a great indicator of the capacitor’s condition, as a capacitor fails, it’s ESR rises. This advanced meter can measure ESR even in-circuit. It will measure capacitance too if the capacitor under test is out of circuit. Additionally, the ESR70 features audible alerts than gives you instant audible indication of the ESR across 3 thresholds allowing for easy analysis of multiple capacitors without the need to look at the display. A unique feature of the Atlas ESR is the ability to detect if the capacitor is charged, if the capacitor is charged then the Atlas ESR will gracefully discharge the capacitor using a constant power algorithm designed to prevent nasty discharge currents. The Atlas ESR will automatically detect when the test clips are applied to a capacitor and start it’s analysis, great when testing many capacitors. Capacitance measurement range from 1uF to 22,000uF, enhanced ESR measurement range from 0.01 Ohms to 40.0 Ohms. Minimum ESR resolution is 0.01 Ohms. Can also be used for short circuit tracing. ESR test frequency is industry standard at 100kHz. Supplied with removable gold plated croc clips. Compatible with standard 2mm connectors. Complete with battery, test leads, gold plated crocs and user guide with capacitor ESR reference chart.
- Upgraded design now uses a single AAA Alkaline cell (included). Click here for a Copy of USER GUIDE
- Upgraded design now has a backlit display.
- Automatic analysis-start when you apply the probes. Click Here for Copy of DATA SHEET
- Automatic capacitor discharge using controlled discharge function.
- ESR (and low DC resistance) measurement (even in-circuit).
- Capacitance measurement (if testing out-of-circuit).
- Audible alerts for various ESR levels.
- Extended ESR measurement range up to 40 Ohms.
- Optional probe alternatives easily fitted. ***** See ESR – Needles
- ESR70 – Equivalent Series Resistance Meter.
- Extra-long and extra-flexible test cables (450mm of Silicone covered cable).
- 2mm plugs and sockets with removeable gold plated crocodile clips.
- Comprehensive illustrated user guide.
- AAA Alkaline cell.
We will be supplying a FREE 3D printed stand for your New Peak Meter, so that you can read the screen more easily.
This great little stand created by Peak Electronic Design is a great addition in helping keep your meter in good condition.
For those, that already have one of these great meters, CLICK HERE to download the STL files to print your own.