The LM2940CT-5.0/NOPB is a positive Voltage Regulator that features the ability to source 1A of output current with a dropout voltage of typically 0.5V and a maximum of 1V over the entire temperature range. Furthermore, a quiescent current reduction circuit has been included which reduces the ground current when the differential between the input voltage and the output voltage exceeds approximately 3V.
The quiescent current with 1A of output current and an input-output differential of 5V is therefore only 30mA. Higher quiescent currents only exist when the regulator is in the dropout mode (VIN-VOUT <=3V).
- Output Voltage Trimmed Before Assembly
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Internal Short Circuit Current Limit
- Mirror Image Insertion Protection
- P+ Product Enhancement Tested
- Green Product, No Sb/Br